Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ottobre Rose Dress for Easter



This is the Ottobre Rose Dress from 1/2008. I finished this dress for K just in time for Easter. I graded it up one size to ensure a good fit on her. Was glad I did or it would have been too tight through the shoulders. I also added about seven inches to make it come right to her knees. It would have been extremely short on K's ever growing long legs if I hadn't done that. Was supposed to make leggings to go underneath but didn't get those done.
I found it hard to sew the gathers onto the ribbon and it poofs a bit above the ribbon where the gathers are. I used a pique from Sewzanne's Fabrics. I may have stretched the fabric a bit causing the poofiness. The pattern called for a woven but Kyra loved this polka dotted fabric so I used it anyway. Maybe washing and drying will shrink it back up a bit.

No comments: