I made the sleeves the length of a 50 and they can either fold them back until he grows or let them go over baby's fingers to keep him from scratching himself. Cuter than the little foldover mittens IMHO. On the bottom I sewed clear elastic into the hem folded it over and coverstitched it. I had fits when coverstitching the sleeve ends but after changing to a larger needle size the coverhem not only handled the binding around the neck and front edges but it did a great job around the hem too. I added Snap Source snaps instead of ribbons on the front as baby went home today so isn't in a warmer any more.

I'd make a couple more of these but I don't know how many clothes they have in tiny sizes. I think I will make a little overall and wrap-around jacket in a size 50 next. I have some other cute fabric that I didn't have enough yardage for this. Stuff I bought for N but never used.

1 comment:
This is sooo yummy!
Post a Comment