I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the vest that I made for K from Ottobre. From the time I traced the pattern out until I completed it was almost three months. Now, unfortunately, it barely fits so she won't get as much wear out of it if I had gotten it done sooner. Darn kid keeps growing! I made a size 146 lengthened to 170. Fabric is pique is from Sewzanne's.
I started quilting about 12 years ago and via connections on the internet got interested in sewing for children. I'm trying to get enough expertise to actually sew something for myself that fits well too. I like to blog my finished creations to share them with others. I also use my blog to save notes for myself, where I can't lose them, about any specific changes I might have made to a pattern.
3 comments:
Ooh, I like all the details in that pattern. Nice job, and hopefully your daughter won't grow anymore for awhile so she can wear it a bit. :)
looks great! worth the effort
Sandra....this looks gorgeous! All the details are perfect.
Even though she's growing...perhaps she can get a few more months from it by wearing it open over a simple top....?
Post a Comment