Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Simplicity 4127

I finished M's top from Simplicity 4127 today. This sure took me a while. I kept putting it down after each step instead of plowing right through. I think nice basic knit tops have really spoiled me. LOL. I added 5/8" inch to the neckline so it wasn't quite so low and then added 1 1/4" to the bottom of the bodice so it wouldn't end too high. I needed to take the back in a bit more than the pattern allowed for and I thought I got it just the way she wanted it but it is a little looser than she wanted and than what I thought I had. I had already put the zipper in so we decided it is ok. With just a tank on underneath it gapes a little under the arms. When she wears a long sleeved shirt under it you can't see the gaping as much. I didn't want her to feel restricted when she moves either as this has no stretch. I couldn't find a brown regular zipper so put in an invisible zip. I think I didn't figure out where the back would fold by the zip right, which is why I got a little more ease than I initially wanted. It does hang evenly on both sides, she just has her arm pushing it down on one side and not on the other.




No comments: