Re-traced and re-made M's suit in a size P. For the torso on the tankini top I traced a P at the top and graduated it to an M on the bottom. I figured it would probably look good as an M still since it's not pulling from the front on this one. It's amazing how well a suit fits when you make the correct size! I also modified the bodice so that it crosses a bit higher in front. I marked approximately one inch higher at center front on the tracing paper and just pivoted the pattern piece and redrew the line to go through that mark. Worked very slick. She's much happier with the more modest neckline. I also added length on the top to the size R length.The leg elastic on the bottoms is too tight. Since I made this with the full coverage I think I can take the elastic out and cut the front out a little to get the legs to fit more comfortably. I can't just replace the elastic with longer elastic as it's not actually gathered that much. The leg holes are just small and very low cut.
I also added a belt. M chose the placement . I think I would like it higher but she's happy so that's what counts. I much prefer the half belt sewn into the side seams to doing a full belt with beltloops.
Fabric is from Anne at Needlenook. I need to get some more and make another suit for M. Wonder what color she wants the next one and what Anne has in store for us. ;)


3 comments:
I've been keep tabs on how you are doing with this. I have a UFO from last summer of 2447 I did for my dd. The top along the front bust line didn't come out to our liking. I need to rip the elastic & see if I can try something different. Glad to see yours came out! That was the first time I ventured away from Kwik Sew & I found Jalie a little frustrating. Yours looks wonderful - making me want to go take a look at that UFO of my 2447!
Great job on the suit, the belt addition is cute.
What a beautiful suit!
Post a Comment