Monday, September 24, 2007

Field Trip to S.R. Harris

Today I went on a field trip ALL BY MYSELF!! I spent about an hour at S.R. Harris. The hour was good on my pocketbook but I'll have to go back in installments. LOL. I was looking for some retro knits and sweatshirt fleece, which I didn't find. The trip was not wasted, however.

I found a cute sweater knit and a striped slightly puckery knit. Dd #1 likes both of these. I'm not sure what the sweater knit is asking to be but the stripe is calling out long sleeved shirt; which dd needs.


The striped knit on the left has such warm autumny colors. The back is brushed and so soft. The tan one is a nice knit too. At first I thought it would make some nice chunky cuffs on something but bought a yard "just in case." I have several other pieces it would work with.
I'm trying to decide if these want to be a lined "sweater jacket" or something else.

When I got home I realized that what I thought was the front of the tan knit was the back. I tried to take a picture of both sides, but I'm not sure you can see the differenence. On the back it has three skinny ridges very close to each other with a space in between. On the back, it looks like three skinny recesses with a raised space in between each set of three. So, I have design options for using the front and back or changing direction of the ridges.


The last fabric I bought is a fun blue/brown stripe. Don't know if this will go for a dd or ds. It is a nice knit with great recovery. It felt so good I just had to buy it.

After I went shopping I just wanted to share these with someone but alas had no local sewers that I could share them with right away. So, I decided to go online for my fabric purchase support. I'm sure others understand what I mean. LOL.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Nice stuff. I really love the blue and brown knit!! Those are awesome colors together.

Lori said...

Great fabric, Sandra. Love it all, you are so lucky to have SR Harris