I had M pose for pix with K's cape this afternoon when she came home from school. The fabric is a dark green moleskin, almost looks black, that I got from Joann's for 75% off. It stretched a bit while sewing so I had issues while sewing it; especially when putting the fur around the hood. Finally gave the fur a hair cut at the seam allowance and that made it much easier. The shoulders were shaped a bit more than K needed, it fits M through the shoulders great and she's a women's S in RTW. I made this in a kids size 8, which fit K's measurements. The panels turned out to be different lengths which was a pain to straighten so I ended up straightening them the best I could and then turning the moleskin up and hand sewing it to the lining. I caught the moleskin a lot too so you can see where the hem is. I decided it didn't matter as it was only a costume.


I also made the shirt and skirt M is wearing under the cape. You can't see the shirt but the shirt was made to be a poodle skirt for choir a couple years back. She took the poodle off so that it could double as a long skirt for Fezziwig today.
1 comment:
in this entry you said "you cant see the shirt, but the shirt is a poodle skirt." it should be the skirt is a poodle skirt. lol
Post a Comment