Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Last but not least Christmas gift

In getting together with a friend last weekend I realized that while I was planning on stopping to shop for a hoodie and t-shirt for her dd for Christmas (so hard to buy for a 13 yo who has everything) I didn't take into account that I couldn't afford to shop at that time.

So, stash to the rescue. In perusing for fabric, my dd said she had started some sleep pants for herself over Christmas when she was bored and if we could find them (they were buried of course) I could finish up the waistband and give them. I think they were a Simplicity pattern. My dd traced them out and made them sometime when I was sleeping. I only had to help her with technique on the hems and she even did those. I love wonder tape. I'm thinking she's starting to like it too.

I found an appropriate colored shirt and FOE to go with ithem so I was in business. This girl is about the same size as my dd except I found out she's now about 3" taller than my dd. Hope the pants are long enough. I already had the top pattern traced as I've used it at least three times for my dd with varying necklines; Ottobre Women 2/2006 #1 in a size 32. I'm sure it took me longer than the 60 minutes some people can whip out a TNT shirt in, maybe 2 hours, but it went well. I added FOE at the neckline and at the sleeve edges. Found some variagated quilting thread that matched and had a solid regular thread that matched too, so I lettuced the bottom hem with white in the needle, variagated on the front looper and solid on the back looper. The lettucing turned out wonderfully. That's a first time of mixing thread types while lettucing on the serger. Hope it holds up well. Here's a picture of my dd modelling them.



Here's a picture of them close-up. Hopefully you can see the colors on the lettucing.







Guess it was my pj sewing year for Christmas gifts for friends' kids.

No comments: