Monday, September 22, 2008

My new favorite game


Previously my favorite game was Blokus. Tonight I played Keesdrow for the first time and I love it! It's like the old word finds I used to do as a kid but better. Using the letter tiles on the board you find a word and mark it with pegs. The letters can be forward, backward, or diagonal all in the same word. You can use each letter tile up to three times; either in one turn or separate turns. It wasn't so much fun for a 4 yo but the rest of us enjoyed it and our word geek (my dh) actually lost so the kids enjoyed it that much more. Not only is it fun to play but it helps the kids work on both spelling words and addition for scoring. This just might be my new suggested kid gift for birthdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the jacket Sandra. The fabric is gorgeous and so "Ottobre" looking. I hear ya on the white thing. My dgds are the messiest kids on the planet (funny how none of the dgs are messy?) and I always remember that right after I've made/bought a light coloured garment.
I love keesdrow as well but I have a hard time keeping one here. Every time I show it to someone, they want one so I say take mine and I'll buy another. I sent several of them to a northern community special ed group and they love it. I also bought Blokus from the same guy that sells keesdrow. He goes to the big gaming convention (board games not computer games) and brings back which ever one wins the top award each year. That's where I bought keesdrow, blokus and another one that is just lines on tiles that you have to join together - I can't recall the name. There's another keesdrow version out as well I think. My seller is the local used book store owner so I see him often (I'm a book addict as well as a fabriholic) I'll try to remember what the new keesdrow version is about. It's somewhere in my head but I can't quite locate it. LOL