Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ottobre Knit Jacket 3/2004 #12

I finished this jacket up about a week ago and am finally getting around to blogging it. It is a knit jacket made out of sweatshirt fleece I ordered from Sewzannes. The pattern called for front outside pockets and K wanted them at the side seam. I used the pocket pattern piece from #36 and added a pocket. I also added an interlock lining to it to make it a bit warmer for our cold fall weather. Basically I sewed the same jacket in turquoise and inserted it with topstitching visible to the inside. I stitched the sleeve edges right sides together, then I wonder taped the bottom and stitched it, turned it right side out, and Wonder Taped the front edges together. I added the collar before adding the zipper. Then I covered the inside of the zipper with the collar so you can't see the zipper on the outside of the collar like you can if you follow Ottobre's directions. Next I pinned the collar over the inside lining at the neckline and topstitched it down. I had the most trouble with this part even though I thought I pinned it accurately. The pocket is completely enclosed within the lining so you can't see it on the inside. This is made in a size 140 with no size modifications, not even length. Will try to get pics of dd modelling it before school tomorrow.

I am happy to report that K LOVES this jacket and is wearing it. I finally made her something that she likes as well when completed as she does in the planning stages. Of course now I wonder why I thought a fabric with a white background would be a good choice for a jacket. LOL. I keep finding it on the floor. Of course I mind this much more than I would a RTW jacket.










1 comment:

Pam Erny said...

Sandra...this jacket is really terrific...love the fabric and lining..and your sewing is top-notch!

Pam, from the ottobre group and
~Off The Cuff Style~