Monday, May 25, 2009

Jalie 2682

I whipped up a shirt for M out of Jalie 2682. This is the second time I've made this shirt. It goes together quite easily, although the four way poly/lycra knit fabric from fabric.com was kind of a bear to work with. I did match the pattern on the front bodice and then from top to bottom on the front. I didn't even attempt it on the back. I made a size S but maybe could have gone up one more size. For sure I will need to add some length to the bodice if I make this again as this one doesn't quite come low enough, although I think she pulled it down before the pics. Aside from the bodice being a bit short and the uneven stitching as I attempted to sew a straight seam over lumps and bumps while the fabric stretched, M loves her new shirt. The only change I had to make was to stitch the front bodice pieces together a few inches higher up than the pattern called for. My dd isn't into cleavage baring shirts, thank goodness! This is a very simple change to make; as long as you have the right needle that doesn't skip stitches.

Funny thing is that when taking these pictures I noticed that M's left shoulder is higher than her right. It's noticeable in the pics too. I think she was standing flat footed with her weight on both feet. Wonder if that contributes to her headaches and neck/back tension. Even after commenting on it and her playing around with moving her shoulders they went right back to being uneven.





No comments: