Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Jalie 2788 Twist Top

Here's the second new summer shirt I've made for M. I didn't really like this pattern on the envelope but it is so cute in person. I didn't try to do any pattern matching with the fabric, as you can tell. The ruffle was supposed to be only one layer but with the patterned fabric I decided it would be better as two layers so I did a narrow hem on my serger to finish the edges. The pattern for the front includes a modesty panel but M requested I leave that off as she layers with cami's all the time anyway and she just so happens to have a black one. The back is supposed to have a tie way up at the neckline but she didn't want that either. I think it fits and looks great, although the twist on the bodice sure looks funny when it's not on her.

I made a size S with some of the yummiest 4 way stretch fabric from fabric.com. It was kind of a bear to do the hems around the arms and bottom as it's a bit slippery but the result is so worth it. She wears this and the other Jalie 2682 a lot. I have enough of this fabric left to make something for me too, although it won't be this twist top. LOL. The hems are even, btw, it's just that the fabric is so stretchy that when she didn't pull it down evenly it stayed that way.




1 comment:

mermaids said...

this is my favorite twist top pattern, too.