



I just finished up these "Casual Pants" from Ottobre 3/2007 #36 size 152. Can't believe I've made something from the most recent issue so shortly after I got it. I don't usually make something until the issue is at least a year old for some reason. They are made from a stretch twill (can't remember where I got it) and a nice rib knit from Anne at Needlenook Fabrics. I contemplated putting wide elastic in the knit but Anne said I wouldn't need it with this fabric. She was right.
M likes the waistband rolled down over the pants better than unrolled as she doesn't like how wide the band is. It is cute both ways. I added darts to the back of the pants so they wouldn't be quite so baggy at the top in the back. I also made the back pockets freestanding instead of sewn into the side-seam as directed. Again, this was M's choice.
As far as I can tell I cut everything out correctly but the front pocket piece/facings were higher than the pants front and back so I graded the top from the side to the front pocket. You can see that the pants are a little shorter in front rise than back.
This pattern is supposed to have a contrast fabric in the back lower leg with roll-up tabs and belt loops. I left them all out per M's request. Actually, she wanted belt loops but once she tried the pants on she immediately rolled the waistband down and forgot about the belt loops. That's quite ok with me.
I have a similar little boy version traced out. These were so easy that I can't wait to make them for N. The question is do I cut them out and make them or trace off and sew a sleeveless white top from Jalie to match these pants for M first?

3 comments:
Those look really great. I've always thought that pants must be the hardest things to make, but you seem to have mastered them.
Sandra, great pants! My DD would love a pair like this. I must try this pattern. Thanks for sharing.
those look so cute and comfy. you do such a great job. I'm so jealous.
Post a Comment