


I have some cute Aussie motif fabric that I want to make into knit shorts and t-shirt for N. The shorts will have about a 2" ribbing at the top like many sweatpants do now days. I'm trying to decide how to incorporate the two patterned fabrics into one outfit (whether he wears them together is another thing I guess). I'm thinking color blocking on the t-shirt. Ottobre has a couple patterns for different options for me. One has a strip of contrast fabric on about the outside 1/4 of the shirt. One is raglan sleeved and has a dark contrast fabric on the bottom 1/3 of the shirt. Then, I could always take the basic raglan t-shirt and put the contrast fabric on the sleeves. With these in mind I took some photos of my fabric.
Realistically, you'll probably never see the ribbing on the shorts unless someone decides to tuck his shirt in. But, I included it in the pictures. The orange ribbing and interlock are not exactly the same color, which bugs my anal need for colors to match but they're pretty close. I'll probably use the same ribbing for the neckline of the shirt as well.
Now that I have so many options, I'm not sure which one to choose.

No comments:
Post a Comment