Monday, May 14, 2007

Short Sleeved Shirt Jalie 2682

I just finished up Jalie 2682 in a cotton/lycra knit for M. I think it's a size 152 - will have to double check that. I also added 2" to the bottom as I wasn't sure if it would be as long as she prefers. This is a great knit, wish I could remember where I got it, and M loves her new shirt. I deviated from the pattern a little, unintentionally at first. I accidentally cut the front bodice for the shirt with zipper. Rather than throw away four perfectly good pieces I improvised and added a little joining piece in place of the zipper. Because of this I topstitched the whole neckline down. This makes the shirt look a little different as the neckline sides and back aren't as flowy. This works well for this knit. M folds the neckline down as a collar as she said it's cooler. Was almost 90F today and with no A/C at school I'm sure it was plenty hot. I think she'd love a few more in this style as would I.


No comments: