N is always playing "Super Why" running around the house wearing a cape made from an old receiving blanket his grandma made for M 13 years ago. So, I decided to make him a new cape for Christmas. This one has velcro at the neckline instead of being tied. I also made one for the BAB puppy he got for Christmas. I found flame fabric left over from Halloween at Jo-ann's and red lining fabric. I used two yards sewn side by side and stitched all around three sides. Then I gathered the neckline as closely as I could and stitched black bias tape to the neckline adding velcro for the closure. Puppy's isn't quite as gathered but he can stand without walking on his cape. N and puppy fly so fast when they wear their capes. Unfortunately, N still seems to wear the old cape more than the new one. Maybe he likes that it just slips it over his head. I don't know. I'm not sure he knows why.
1 comment:
My son is obsessed with Super Why too! He tries to use my cell phone to call the Super Readers and I've caught him checking out my laptop computer more than once for a place to put letters he has "found." :)
Love your cape, and all your other clothes. You have very lucky kids. :)
Post a Comment